Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis
Joint Pain and swelling. Enthesitis in the Achilles tendon
Bones & Joints
Moll and Wright Classification
- Asymmetrical inflammatory oligoarthritis : (70-80% of cases) often accompany with synovitis and periarticular inflammation in extremities. Sausage digit or dactylitis.
- Distal Interphalengeal (DIP) joint Predominant Arthritis with Nail pitting and onycholysis : Mostly affecting men.
- Symmetric polyarthritis which resemble RA and predominates in women.
- Axial Skeleton (sacroiliitis or spondylitis) involvement similar to AS
- Arthritis mutilans or destructive arthritis: Cartilage and bone destruction. Osteolysis leads to in shortening of digits (telescoping fingers).
Skin & Nail
- Psoriatic plaques and rash of psoriasis
- Nail: Pitting, horizontal ridging, onycholysis, yellowish discoloration, subungual hyperkeratosis
- Anterior uveitis – redness of the eyes, painful eyes and irritation